Barry L. Thompson
Born and raised in Plainville, Barry attended Plainville public schools graduating from Plainville High School in 1968 before attending Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. where he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in American Government with minors in English and Psychology. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Attorney Thompson has been involved in a variety of municipal government, professional, and civic activities including being a member of the Town of Plainville Inland Wetlands Commission, an Executive Director of the New Britain Bar Association, and a Citation Hearing Officer for the City of Bristol. He has held a numerous of positions in the Main Street Community Foundation over the last fifteen years including being a member of the Board of Directors, a member and chairman of the Scholarship Committee, a member and Chairman of Bylaws Committee, and a member of the Bradley Barnes Trust Advisory Committee. He brings a great deal of local experience to his local practice of law.
In his free time he enjoys travel with his wife Therese, his five grandchildren, automobile restorations, gardening, and being a Track Driving Instructor for the Porsche Club of America. His eclectic experiences give him different perspectives when solving challenging legal problems.
Barry resides in the neighboring city of Bristol with his wife Therese. He has two children who have blessed him with five grandchildren.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate & Development
- Family Law
- Bankruptcy Chapter 7
- Personal Injury
- Business Law, Collection and Litigation
- Connecticut, 1975
- S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1975
- S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1975
- S. Supreme Court, 1981
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- D. - May, 1975
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- A. cum laude- May, 1972
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: American Government
- Minor: English and Psychology
- City of Bristol Connecticut
- JNS Development, LLC
- Crown Oil Company, Inc
- Broadway Development, L.L.C.
- Crown Oil Company, Inc.
- JNS Development, LLC
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Town of Plainville Inland Wetlands Commission, Past Member
- New Britain Bar Association, Past Executive Director
- City of Bristol, Citation Hearing Officer
- Main Street Community Foundation, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Main Street Community Foundation, Member and Past Chairman, Scholarship Committee
- Main Street Community Foundation, Past Member and Chairman, Bylaws Committee
- Main Street Community Foundation, Member, Bradley Barnes Trust Advisory
Past Employment Positions
- Weber & Marshall, New Britain, Connecticut, Associate, 1975 - 1977
- Weber, Marshall & Thompson, New Britain, Connecticut, Partner, 1977 - 1983
- Famiglietti and Thompson, Plainville, Connecticut, Partner, 1983 - 1989
- Famiglietti, Thompson, and Vollono, Partner, 1989
- Famiglietti, Thompson, Vollono & Mastrianni, Plainville, Connecticut, 1989 - 1997
The Law Offices of Thompson Vollono & Donovan, LLC | 860-747-5745
COPYRIGHT © 2017 WEBSITE MAINTENANCE BY MPRESSION MARKETING GROUP.